Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Welcome to 2011 Raul

So it looks like we have our left fielder back. 

Granted, he is still below the Mendoza line, but since the humble beginnings of DiHS, Raúl Ibañez might be the Phillies best player. 4 out of 5 tools? I'll take it.

Also, is it just me, or am I the only person who thinks that we have seen Sloppy Joe throw his last pitch as a Phillie? With an injury I can't pronounce (what is an impingement anyway?), a plethora of teams dealing with rotation issues, our current needs with the bat, and the albeit small sample size emergence of Vance and his Warriors; something inside me says we have seen the last of Big Blue. Unless he shows up down I-64 at the Kentucky Derby (Take 'Twice the Appeal' and 'Uncle Mo' in the exacta and thank us later) with a   mint julep in hand, we may never see him again. Stay tuned for a more in depth breakdown of the Derby 2011.

Moral of the story; Raúl is back, right? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment